- WORLD EXCLUSIVE: Old Mad Donald had a plan
- Housing affordability is not just about youth. 15,000 seniors are homeless | Nieves Murray | Opinion | The Guardian
- EXCLUSIVE: Fate of Vietnamese asylum seeker children hangs in the balance
- Phoney energy crisis merely a ploy to access off-limits gas | Waleed Aly
- What is actually at stake in the fight over George Brandis’ ministerial diaries?
As hard as it is for young people to get a foot on the property ladder, it’s even harder for pensioners and low to middle income renters to get a foot in the door … any door. Can budget 2017 fix housing affordability? Private rental accommodation is now more unaffordable … Continue reading
A group of Vietnamese asylum seekers, including 12 children, have tried to reach Australia by boat for the second time, writes Shira Sebban.
Turns out manufacturing is alive and well in Australia. Only these days we’re manufacturing crises. This week’s exhibit is from the gas industry, which having witnessed the energy market regulator’s grave warnings that we’d all be having cold showers in the dark in a couple of years, found itself summoned … Continue reading
“Why was this not a key part of the report?” Siewert said. “It clearly shows a huge jump in robbery as well as other crimes. Instead the report brushes these stats aside, saying that break-ins were committed by juveniles and people from out of town.”
In The Saturday Paper this weekend there’s an editorial addressing the recent Centrelink scandals that, among other extreme dysfunctions, have seen the private data of two clients released to that publication, The Guardian, and The Canberra Times.